- This event has passed.
Don’t Be Trashy – Be An Effective Recycler
October 18, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm$10.00
What’s New in Recycling in Nevada?
Come join us to discuss the many ways recycling has a huge and positive effect on the environment and our economy.
- Recycling reduces pollution – landfills release harmful chemicals and gasses.
- Recycling reduces the need for raw materials.
- Recycling takes less space – landfill sites are filling up fast.
- Making products from recycled products costs much less than from using raw materials.
- Recycling preserves natural resources for future generations.
- Recycling uses less energy than natural resources.
About our Speaker
Recycling Coordinator at Republic Services
As a recycling coordinator, Jeremy provides community education and outreach about the workings of the recycling center and about recycling and conservation. Jeremy also sits on various environmental boards throughout the community that take a proactive approach to making sustainable shifts in various sectors of the waste stream. Jeremy is a UNLV alumnus. He studied environmental studies and solar energy.
Our luncheons are a great opportunity for networking and education. We meet at the Innevation Center by Switch, right off the I215 and Decatur exit and minutes from Henderson and the Center of Town. Our agenda includes:
- Open Networking
- Business Introductions – Introduce yourself and your business.
- Legislative Update
- Green Tech Update
- Keynote Speaker with a Q&A
Questions about the meeting? Interested in participating in our raffle? Contact us at [email protected]
Win a Framed 20×15 Original Print
This is an original photo by local photographer AJ Pagano – visit his site here. The print has a retail value of $385 and is printed on metal using a sublimation process. It has a wooden frame on the back that will make the print stand an inch off the wall. This is a fantastic piece that shows off the beauty of our great state.
(Please note, actual photo may vary from image here)
At the Green Chamber Of Nevada we have a mission to usher innovative, sustainable practices into our state. It is through our events that we are able to educate large groups about how to do things better, more efficiently, and at less cost. Learn how to sponsor an event, or get more information about being a GCNV annual sponsor today. Contact The Board For Details