- This event has passed.
GCNV September Luncheon – Transportation Innovation
September 13, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm$10.00
Our Monthly Luncheon
Join us for our monthly luncheon. Each month, we choose a theme that relates to energy, conservation, natural resources or a related topic. We bring together speakers and experts for a lunch of education and great networking.
This month’s theme is Transportation Innovation. Why Transportation?
- Our Economy – According to the LVCVA, “In 2016, southern Nevada reported a record-high 42.9 million visitors, up 1.5 percent from the 42.3 million visitors reported in 2015. That number has increased 18.1 percent since 2009 and is expected to grow in 2017. Spending sourced to these 40-millionplus visitors is estimated to have reached $35.5 billion in 2016, which represents an increase of 16.3 percent compared to the prior year. “
- Our Food Supply – According to Urbanseed, over 95% of our fruits and vegetables are imported in Nevada. The vast majority of all of our foods are imported.
- Our Energy – According to the U.S. Energy Association, Nevada imports 90% of our energy.
Our luncheons are a great opportunity for networking and education. We meet at the Innevation Center by Switch, right off the I215 and Decatur exit and minutes from Henderson and the Center of Town. Our agenda includes:
- Open Networking
- Business Introductions – Introduce yourself and your business.
- Legislative Update
- Green Tech Update
- Keynote Speaker with a Q&A
Questions about the meeting? Interested in participating in our raffle? Contact us at [email protected]
About our Speaker
DANIEL J. FAZEKAS, AICP
Senior Regional Planner – Regional Transportation Commission
Daniel J. Fazekas, AICP is the senior regional planner at the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC), where he helps lead the implementation of the Southern Nevada Strong Regional Plan and is involved in a variety of regional planning studies. Prior to joining the RTC in 2016, Fazekas was a planner with the City of Henderson where he was instrumental in helping to create its new comprehensive plan, Henderson Strong. He also served as the project manager for Henderson’s STAR Communities program.
Before moving to Southern Nevada in 2012, Fazekas was a planner for Oklahoma City and a transportation planner for the Association of Central Oklahoma Governments. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Geography and a master’s degree in Regional City Planning from the University of Oklahoma.
Win a Framed 20×15 Original Print
This is an original photo by local photographer AJ Pagano – visit his site here. The print has a retail value of $385 and is printed on metal using a sublimation process. It has a wooden frame on the back that will make the print stand an inch off the wall. This is a fantastic piece that shows off the beauty of our great state.
(Please note, actual photo may vary from image here)